Friday, June 1, 2012

Day two of year 16.  Interviewing for the positions that have been vacated by EVERYONE in the art department.  I did this five years ago and remember the spark I saw in the person I KNEW I wanted to hire - I went into the AP's office after spending 45 minutes talking to Amber and literally threw myself across his desk and told him to hire her before someone else did.

The second person I saw today made me feel a bit like that so perhaps there really is someone out there who will make the program grow the way I want it to.

Interviewing is like trying to find a husband in 45 minutes.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning the studio and finally, finally threw out a lot of old student work...like watching your children go off to school...

Art 1 student "Masterpiece" painting.  Pretty impressive...
Summer school is starting next week.  I've heard my supplies are in and they consist of index cards and masking tape.  Hmmm...




                                                                                       
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment