Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 11 of Year 16:  Started summer school yesterday.  Well, started the first day of what may be the last day of summer school.  I believe I only have two students enrolled as of the last count and the district is capping the class at 20.  Hmmm.  I don't believe the kids who failed Art 1 and now realize they need it to graduate suddenly woke up this morning and are preparing to rush to school and register.  I may have more time on my hands to actually do art - a threat I've been using for a while now...that portrait I could be finishing, Insanity I could be doing (I really am completely out of shape), dogs I could be walking, horses I could be riding.  I do have to say, being in the classroom again, especially without anyone around, still gives me a thrill.
...that and my students.

That, indeed, is what keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment