Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 23 of Year 16:  I received an email from my department chair saying the art teacher we interviewed last Thursday was offered the position as Art 1 and Sculpture teacher.  I will admit, when I interviewed him I was not feeling very positive - especially because I thought we had already found "the one" a weeek earlier.  Having been left by ALL the other teachers I think I had begun to feel like the program was all mine - that sharing was not even going to be an option any longer.  I had just finished substitute teaching biology (!) for three days with a student teacher at the helm and the thought of interviewing someone who had an extensive coaching background was not on my list of things to look forward to.

I was mistaken.  He is going to be a great addition and I spent almost two hours talking with him and sharing different philosophies we each held.  Today I went to school rather than the studio and started organizing - the first time I've actually done the process this early.  A good omen, I think.

And another view of the studio chair...


No comments:

Post a Comment