Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 35 of Year 16:  A week of not posting and I couldn't be happier.  I have found myself yearning to get to the studio and keep workin on painting - I haven't felt this in years.  I am, for the moment, free from feeling like everything I do art-wise has to be a finished piece of art.  I am working on several self portraits at once and continue prepping paper for the next one.  The portrait below wasn't right so I kept painting - even painting over areas that were "acceptable" but not correct - I used to hold on to the areas that were good - afraid I wouldn't be able to recreate them if I made a mistake.  Today I just kept painting.  I'm thinking of all the artists who were searching for seomthing when they painted.  I don't know what I'm searching for.  Maybe nothing other than the joy of painting.

Self portrait #2

No comments:

Post a Comment